- 1 tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter
- 3 leeks chopped. Use the white part
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups potatoes and 3 cups sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup half & half or unsweetened evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley (optional)
Heat oil and butter in large sauce pan. Add leeks and garlic. Saute until softened.
Stir in potatoes and stock. Add salt, pepper and thyme.
Bring soup to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer until potatoes are tender.
Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Add 1/2 cup of fat free half & half or unsweetened evaporated milk. Salt to taste. Parsley is optional as a garnish.