- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 (10 oz.) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 (15 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
- 2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
In a blender, combine the orange juice concentrate, sugar, vinegar, onion and salt. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Stir in poppy seeds. Transfer to a small pitcher or bowl. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chilled.
On salad plates, arrange the spinach, mandarin oranges and almonds. Drizzle with dressing.